NapaVision2050 Community Meeting
Location Napa Valley College: The Little Theater (Building 1200-Room 1231) map
NapaVision 2050 is one year old. Please plan to attend our first anniversary meeting on March 2 to see our report card and get updates on the most important issues before us.
• Welcome & First Annual Report (Dan Mufson)
• Exploring the Tourism-Economy (George Caloyannidis)
• Syar Quarry-Public Health Aspects (Kathy Felch)
• Heli-No! The Palmaz Heliport (Rob Purcell)
• Is County Government Responsive to our Needs? (Diane Shepp)
• Water, Forest and Oak Woodland Protection Initiative of 2016 (Jim Wilson)
• Open Discussion
Program Goals: We have assembled three experts to provide a framework to analyze the benefits and costs of a tourism-driven economy. Benefits and costs are environmental, fiscal and social. The panel will explore the various parameters and limits of each. We hope this forum will open the dialogue, and provide the framework, to plan for sustainable growth in Napa County.
The Social Impacts--Samuel Mendlinger Ph.D., Boston University
The Fiscal Impacts--Eben Fodor, Fodor & Associates, Oregon
The Environmental/Traffic Impacts--Susan Handy Ph.D., UCDavis
For more information and to register go to http://napavision2050.org/forum.php