Fire Rebuilding Update
Bill Hocker | Feb 6, 2019
At the Feb 6th, 2019 Planning Commission meeting, Planning Director Morrison went over the statistics of the rebuilding process after the Oct 2017 and Sep 2018 fires.
- 662 homes were burned in the fires
- To date 200 permit applications have been submitted for home rebuilding (30% of total)
- 150 permits have been issued
- 5 houses have been rebuilt
- The assessors valuation of all fire property damage: $750,000,000
- 1000 permit applications have been received for all types of fire reconstruction (including homes) which represent $200,000,000 in valuation (under 20% of total lost)
- 32% of the building fees were waived for fire rebuilding applications representing $1,100,000 in fees.
He reiterated that rebuilding from the fire will be a long process.
copyright © sodacanyonroad.org