: getimagesize(http://napavision2050.org/photos/image.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
NV2050 Admin | Jun 9, 2017
As more and more hotels and large housing projects are on the horizon in the City of Napa, Napa-resident Rusty Cohn asks the questions
we've all been thinking: Do we really understand the burden they place on our streets/roads and our water? And where are all the employees to fill the thousands of new low paying jobs? How many hotels is enough? Do we need to pace their development until we come up with better transportation options and funds to expand the infrastructure?
- A 90 room Cambria Hotel is proposed at southern end of Soscol.
- The new owners of the Wine Train announced their interest in building a 5-story hotel on the site of the train depot.
- The Meritage Resort has started a 133 room expansion to their existing 325 room hotel complex.
- And Marriott is proposing 250 rooms plus a winery just around the corner.
- A high-end resort has been approved in Stanley Ranch.
- Multiple hotels are planned for the Oxbow area.
- The Embassy Suites plans 54-room addition at California and First St.
- Napa Pipe off Napa Valley Highway may built 800+ housing units plus Costco and other big box stores.
- Gasser Foundation has 400+ housing units being built off Soscol with another 400 or so possible.
What is being done to keep Napa from gridlock when all these developments come online?
What's the hurry to kill the Golden Goose?
Here's something that you can do: Sign this petition
advocating for longer term, thoughtful planning that includes a liveable community for all of us.